School tours for the 2017 - 2018 school year will be conducted the following Tuesdays: October 3, November 7, December 5, February 6, March 6, April 3 and May 1. Join Principal Rosner and our parent volunteers at 8:30am in the auditorium for an introduction to Gardner Street and then a tour of the school. We'll visit classrooms and see the work our students and teachers are doing.
Enrollment for the 2018 - 2019 school year begins in April for residents. Our office will accept enrollment materials until we close to the public for summer break at the end of June and again when we reopen in August. All residents are guaranteed enrollment.
Non-Residents: For those seeking Intra-District permits, we will collect permit applications starting April. Please submit your permit applications by May 18. Once your permit application has been received, our office will contact you to let you know the status of your application.
Transitional Kinder and Kindergarten Enrollment
TK students must turn 5 between September 2, 2018 and December 2, 2018
Kindergarten students must turn 5 before September 2, 2018.
We do NOT have an ETK program.
Resident Enrollment Process
Step 1: Verification of Residence - Bring the following to our office:
- Verification of Residence Form and all documents indicated on form.
Step 2: Enrollment - Once we have verified your residence we will give you an enrollment packet to complete. Take the packet and return with it completed for each child:
For All Students
- Original Birth Certificate or Passport
- Current Record of Immunizations - Enrollment Packets will NOT be accepted without proof of completed immunizations.
- LAUSD Enrollment Form
- Quick Health Questionnaire
- Student Emergency Information Form
- Oral Health Assessment Form
- Permanent Health History Form
For Kindergartners and Those New to LAUSD
- Examination By Private Physician Form
For Those to Whom it Applies
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Family Work Questionnaire
Non Resident Application and Enrollment Process
From time to time we grant permits to LAUSD students living outside our attendance area.
To apply, complete the LAUSD Intra-District Permit Application and submit it to the school office.
If a permit is granted, complete Step 2 above and also bring:
- Gas or Electric Bill
- Lease or Mortgage Papers
- Driver's License
While it's our intention to see all our students culminate from Gardner, please be informed that:
- Permit renewals must be submitted annually and are not guaranteed.
- Permits may be revoked for a variety of reasons including chronic tardiness/absence and behavior.