School tours for the 2016 - 2017 school year will be on October 4, November 1, February 7, March 7, April 4 and May 2. Join Principal Rosner and our parent volunteers at 8:30am in the auditorium for an introduction to Gardner Street and then a tour of the school. We'll visit classrooms and see the work our students and teachers are doing.
Enrollment for the 2017 - 2018 school year begins April 17, 2017 for residents. Our office will accept enrollment materials until we close to the public for summer break on June 27th and again when we reopen in August.
Non-Residents: For those seeking Intra-District permits, we will collect permit applications starting April 17th. Once your permit application has been received, our office will contact you to set up an appointment for your family to meet with our principal.
Transitional Kinder and Kindergarten Enrollment
TK students must turn 5 between September 2, 2017 and December 2, 2017
Kindergarten students must turn 5 before September 2, 2017.
We do NOT have an ETK program.
Resident Enrollment Process
Step 1: Verification of Residence - Bring the following to our office:
- Verification of Residence Form and all documents indicated on form.
Step 2: Enrollment - Once we have verified your residence we will give you an enrollment packet to complete. Take the packet and return with it completed for each child:
For All Students
- Original Birth Certificate or Passport
- Current Record of Immunizations - Enrollment Packets will NOT be accepted without proof of completed immunizations.
- LAUSD Enrollment Form
- Quick Health Questionnaire
- Student Emergency Information Form
- Oral Health Assessment Form
- Permanent Health History Form
For Kindergartners and Those New to LAUSD
- Examination By Private Physician Form
For Those to Whom it Applies
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Family Work Questionnaire
Non Resident Application and Enrollment Process
From time to time we grant permits to LAUSD students living outside our attendance area.
To apply, complete the LAUSD Intra-District Permit Application and submit it to the school office.
If a permit is granted, complete Step 2 above and also bring:
- Gas or Electric Bill
- Lease or Mortgage Papers
- Driver's License
While it's our intention to see all our students culminate from Gardner, please be informed that:
- Permit renewals must be submitted annually and are not guaranteed.
- Permits may be revoked for a variety of reasons including chronic tardiness/absence and behavior.
The first day of the 2017 - 2018 school year will be Tuesday, August 15th.