· A student may perform in one act.
· All performances must be age appropriate in music choice, language, and content.
· Acts must appear well-rehearsed, entertaining, and be one to two minutes in length. Each piece must be two minutes or less.
· Impromptu acts will not be selected to perform in the Talent Show—students plan and practice on their own time. Some choose to use recess time, some get together outside of school.
· Students who wish to sing a song must have instrumental accompaniment without the lead vocals (pre-recorded or live) to help them stay on pitch. Download a karaoke version of a song from an on-line music download service and put it on a flash drive or email the file or Youtube link to Danielle Pigneri so your child can try out, practice, and perform with accompaniment. This flash drive will be submitted at the audition on May 29th. There is a piano in the auditorium that students may use during the performance.
· Students need to bring the following to try-outs: all props, music, instruments, etc., necessary for the act. If you are performing as a group, all members of the group need to be present for the audition, technical and dress rehearsal, and final talent show.
· Auditions will be held Tuesday, May 29th from 1:45-4:15 in the auditorium. Audition time slots will be assigned after filling out a google form to be released 5/11. Students in STAR will be released at their designated audition time to attend the audition.
· Participants will perform and receive feedback from the committee comprised of staff and FOG members.
· Selected acts will need to attend the mandatory technical rehearsal on either Monday, June 4th or Tuesday, June 5th after school and the dress rehearsal on Wednesday, June 6th after school.
Performance will be on the last day of school.
Questions? Contact Danielle Pigneri: firstname.lastname@example.org